Tuesday, March 8, 2022

PROMO PACK BRIEF

LAURA SOUTER 1860

I worked with Tallulah Duffy 1823 and Fia Brown 1804

We created a promotion package for a new film, which includes two trailers, together with an official social media page for the film and a poster for the film. We made the promo pack for a coming-of-age rom com called 'Tru 2 U'. Through my research of other trailers such as Freaky Friday and Mean girls, I understood how to emulate the genre conventions of a teen comedy in my own trailer. 

MAIN TRAILER




TEASER TRAILER





CAMERA WORK

I took responsibility for the camerawork in particular and worked behind the scenes as my group member Tallulah Duffy was our main protagonist of the trailer.  I took into consideration the importance of different camera angles: wide angle shots, close up shows, tracking shots etc, to create meaning. I enjoyed working with the Iphone 12 pro and the Canon camera, and after time experimenting, I became confident in creating interesting shots which I believe is evident from our trailer. 

EDITING

We worked together for the editing job, and each offered our individual opinions. As we were creating a trailer we positioned our clips in a non-linear order to align our trailer with the conventions of a typical film opening. We took careful thought into ordering our clips, speeding them up where necessary, and brightening up the clips by increasing the saturation. The editing was a joint effort. 

DIRECTING 

I took a lot responsibility for the directing of the scenes and offering ideas behind the camera because I was not acting in front of the camera. I take a lot of interest in directing and offering ideas to my group-mates and so therefore believed this role was fitting for my skill set. 

 SOUND 

I also had a role to play in choosing sound for our trailer. As a group, we decided to remove all diegetic sound from the trailer and only use a song: 'The real me' by Alexis, which we found in another already existing film: 'Confessions of a teenage drama queen' - which film is alike ours. The non-diegetic music which I found after time researching was an important part in the making of our trailer. 



POSTER (CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON 'FILM POSTER' PAGE)




SOCIAL MEDIA (CAN BE FOUND ON 'SOCIAL MEDIA' PAGE)
 
I took control of the Instagram page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PROMO PACK BRIEF

LAURA SOUTER 1860 I worked with Tallulah Duffy 1823 and Fia Brown 1804 We created a promotion package for a new film, which includes two tra...